Most of what you will find on the net about BPD is negative. After searching for info myself, I felt I had no hope of ever finding anything about me worthwhile again. I like me, but I despaired of ever finding anyone else who would find me worthwhile.
One thing I read that was positive was a picture that said something like: I love your light and I love your dark. It inspired me to believe that someone might love me again despite, or with, my BPD.
BorderlineArt has taken on the privilege of showing how each of the 9 criterion for diagnoses of BPD and showing the GOOD side of each. They are up to number seven, but I intend to cover them all as they are available.
The first Criteria is: Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self injuring behavior covered in criteria 5.
The good they found is:
We are extremely loyal and have a keen sense of connection with others despite a social norm of individual disconnection; and
BPD's can teach that we are all deeply connected.
These are good things. Loyalty is good. A need for connectedness is good. being able to teach that need for connectedness is good.
I do not have to feel that BPD is a life sentence of lonliness. My need for connectedness will drive me out to the world over and over again. It may even drive me back to my Higher Power as I know him. I don't have to feel that I am completely bad and so broken that there is not enough glue in the world to put me back together. I can feel that I am good, worthy, and have something to offer society other that neediess and lack of productive activity.
I don't know how this affects you, but I'd love to hear. Let me know. In the meantime, Keep holding on. Love, Lori B.
No comments:
Post a Comment