Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Four in a row

Today marks four in a row. Four times this week I have reached out to new experiences to help me cope with isolation, withdrawl and avoidance. I went to a Sierra Group meeting (actually my third one) and enjoyed it immensely. One Tuesday a month they have a speaker at a public room in the local Witte Museum. I'll go to another Sierra Group meeting in about half an hour to watch a movie and maybe go out after. I have also practiced my guitar twice! It may have been only 5 min each, but I'm out of practice, my fingers get sore and I have trouble reading the chords and words on the computer.

So, the money's tight; my phone is going off for 2 wks because I cant pay it; it's that or food and I choose the food. This would be a huge trigger usually: hopelessness, worry about anger from my kids because I pay their phone bills; anger toward John and my lawyer for such a sucky settlement. Usually, I would withdraw, consider suicide, sleep for a day, refuse to eat. But I'm not. I'm going out! Congratulations to me!

What are your triggers? What do you usually do to cope (healthy or unhealthy, I don't judge you)?

I hope you are well. Keep holding on. Love, Lori B.

No comments:

Post a Comment